Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mushroom soup *homemade*


Wasn't that hungry after returned from work but then, afraid that I would woke up in middle of the night.
typical me..

There's nothing much in the refrigerator, lots of vegetable which is definitely not my stock.

I know the soup don't look that appetizing but don't be fool by the look.
Found some mushroom so mushroom soup it would be.Also found ready made garlic bread.Great supper I say.

Can't remember where I got the recipe.I just learn it by heart.

Its very quick and easy to do.
All you need is:

Garlic 1 cloves
Red onion 1 large size

Button mushroom * I use 10-12 button mushroom since I'm the only one eating.if you want to use 1 pack go ahead*
butter
1 tablespoon of flour.
chicken stock either cube or homemade chicken stock.
bay leaf *optional*

chop red onion and garlic.
Slice thin the mushroom.It would be quicker to cook.

heat the butter in saucepan.I prefer lots of butter.

cook the garlic and red onion till its brown.
Add in the mushroom and stir for 3 minutes,constantly.

Add the flour.Mix well.

Pour in the chicken stock.
add in the bay leaf and let it simmer for 10 minutes.

Set aside to cool down for a while.remove the bay leaf.
Blend it till its smooth.

reheat again and salt and pepper to taste.
If its not thick you can add in corn flour.

yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment