Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Butter cake.


Decided to bake butter cake today for 'berbuka puasa'.Anyway its my housemate favourite cake.

Butter cake was the first cake I ever tried to bake and I still remember how my first cake looks like.
The top part was burnt.LOL.
Since then it was trial and error with the oven temperature.

And I have to say, I just love to bake butter cake because its so damn easy.

The original recipe comes from rasamalaysia.com

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups of multipurpose flour
1 1/4 cups of sugar * I only use 1 cup.Too much sugar is not good anyway but then if you have sweet tooth go ahead*
3/4 cups of fresh milk.
3/4 cup of butter,softened *I use 200 gm of butter*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs.
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Preheat oven at 180 Celsius

Mix all the ingredients and beat till its fluffy and smooth.

Grease the loaf pan with butter.

Pour the batter into the pan and bake it for 50-60 minutes.
Use the fork as tester.Insert it into the center of the cake.If its clean its done if not try to bake for another few more minutes.

Serve with hot tea/coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment